Puppy Love ♥



So far this week has been really hectic! I am surprised I found the time...and energy to write a blog. After four months of unemployment, I FINALLY have a job! YAY! Of course, now instead of sleeping until I want, playing on Farmville, reading cooking blogs, playing with my dogs...I have to get up and travel to work. ;-) Not that I am complaining at all! It is just hindering with my lazy time...which has been turned into blogging about various recipes I try out. I hope once I get back on track with my work schedule, I will find time to hopefully blog daily. Or atleast every other day. :-D

While I wasn't working, I went through bouts of depression, feeling worthless, ect. All those fun feelings that build up when you aren't working for months. When my family wasn't home during the day it was hard, but I had my "boys" to get me through it. My "boys" have gotten me through so much! By my boys I am referring to my three dogs. Gir, my bastard...errr I mean bassett hound (I've had him since he was 6 weeks old, he is now 6); Lennix, my boxer/pit mix; and Morpheous a boxer. They are my fur-kids ♥. The hubbs and I do not have actual kids...yet.

Two weeks ago, I got together with my mom and we made some homemade doggie treats. My boys LOVE them! Her dog, Brutis and Gir (he loves visiting grandma, she spoils him rotten! Has since he was a pup!), were the taste testers. ;-) This recipe is quick, very simple and your dogs will love them! Even my cats love these treats!

 
Our taste testers waiting for the squares to cool.

Liver Squares
(Source: Mom's Recipe)

  • 2 boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
  • 1lb beef liver
  • 4-5 cloves of garlic
  • 2-3 tablespoons of water
  1. Peel, chop garlic cloves into smaller pieces.
  2. Put liver, garlic and water into blender until well blended. 
  3. In a seperate bowl, mix corn muffin and liver blend until well mixed.
  4. Pour mixture into a 9x13 well sprayed pan (or use tin foil for less clean up)
  5. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
  6. Allow time to cool and cut into squares (I've found a pizza cutter is the easiest method)
  7. Feed to your favorite "furkid" ;-)

Store in a tupperware container - keep refridgrated.

 
My boys! Morph, Lennix & Gir
   
Gir, with his new toy...with SIXTEEN 16! squeakies! Thanks mom. ;-)
 
 
Morph, not to thrilled he is being woken up for a picture. Heh.
 
 
Lennix, being a spaz, I am shocked he stayed still long enough for this pic!
 
 
Gir & Brutis (for his sleepover) on the couch, they were nice enough to share it with Mercury, one of our cats.

1 comments:

Bob said...

Congratz on your new job! I'm still looking, myself. It's rough out there. Hope it works out well for you.

Boxers are awesome. Love the pet pics!