Well, in reality...I hope they do!
My pops is a truck driver, during one of his shipments there was a damaged box of product. The box was a little crushed. Well due to that "damage" they gave him the contents...7 CASES of Butterfingers and 3 cases of Nerd's Ropes. Each case has 36 bars...times 7 boxes...that's 252 Butterfingers!!!! *falls over* Talk about a sugar rush!
So I decided to look up some recipes for Butterfingers. Of course I can make cookies...and I probably will. (Most likely after we finish my last batch of cookies I made - there are currently a ton of sweets in the house. I can only keep temptation at bay for so long! ;-) ) But I wanted to find something different.
Well I found my way over to Recipe Girl and found exactly what I was looking for! Butterfinger Blondies! They are unbelievably chewy, gooey and rich! Boy are they rich! Make sure you have a glass of milk handy when you tackle these bad boys.
The recipe calls for four full size bar, but I added five. Why not? Isn't like I have a shortage of Butterfingers, heh. Next time I made these, I am going to add a cup and a half of crushed Butterfingers to the batter. Also I think I will throw in a handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips. I think they would nicely compliment the sweetness of Butterfingers.
Now to find something to do with all those Nerds Ropes...hmmmmm. ;-)
Doesn't it look amazing?!
Melted Buttefinger crust.
A little piece of heave on a plate! ;-)
(Source: Recipe Girl)
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 regular sized Butterfinger bars, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 13×9-inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, combine butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in flour mixture and 1 cup of crushed Butterfingers.
- Spread in prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining crushed Butterfingers over top of batter.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until the bars are a bit firm to the touch. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Enjoy with a cold glass of milk. YUM!