Nobody's gonna lay a finger on my Butterfinger!


Well, in reality...I hope they do!

My pops is a truck driver, during one of his shipments there was a damaged box of product. The box was a little crushed. Well due to that "damage" they gave him the contents...7 CASES of Butterfingers and 3 cases of Nerd's Ropes. Each case has 36 bars...times 7 boxes...that's 252 Butterfingers!!!! *falls over* Talk about a sugar rush!

So I decided to look up some recipes for Butterfingers. Of course I can make cookies...and I probably will. (Most likely after we finish my last batch of cookies I made - there are currently a ton of sweets in the house. I can only keep temptation at bay for so long! ;-) ) But I wanted to find something different.

Well I found my way over to Recipe Girl and found exactly what I was looking for! Butterfinger Blondies! They are unbelievably chewy, gooey and rich! Boy are they rich! Make sure you have a glass of milk handy when you tackle these bad boys.

The recipe calls for four full size bar, but I added five. Why not? Isn't like I have a shortage of Butterfingers, heh. Next time I made these, I am going to add a cup and a half of crushed Butterfingers to the batter. Also I think I will throw in a handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips. I think they would nicely compliment the sweetness of Butterfingers.

Now to find something to do with all those Nerds Ropes...hmmmmm. ;-)

 
Doesn't it look amazing?!
 

Melted Buttefinger crust.
 

A little piece of heave on a plate! ;-)


Butterfinger Blondies
(Source: Recipe Girl

  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
  • 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
  •  3 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 4 regular sized Butterfinger bars, crushed
  1.  Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 13×9-inch baking pan. 
  2.   In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
  3.  In a medium bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, combine butter and brown sugar.
  4. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
  5. Stir in flour mixture and 1 cup of crushed Butterfingers.
  6. Spread in prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining crushed Butterfingers over top of batter.
  7. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until the bars are a bit firm to the touch. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
  8. Enjoy with a cold glass of milk. YUM!

  

1 comments:

Bob said...

Nice. That's how you handle ridiculous amounts of candy. Might I also suggest crushing it over ice cream?

You could even warm up some of the cookies you still have to put the ice cream on top of first. It's thrifty that way. Heh.