What's better than peanut butter? MORE peanut butter of course!



There is nothing more that I love than peanut butter! Okay...well, maybe that isn't 100% true, but it is pretty close!  I do LOVE me some peanut butter. Especially peanut butter treats. :-D I decided to make some of these amazing peanut butter cookies, mostly since I had a boat load of peanut butter! Thank you buy-one-get-one free sale! And it is something simple enough to warm up to my inlaws kitchen with. (I am still learning where everything is! I am still not accustomed to my cooking supplies being put away in storage, but I make do with what I have on hand here.)

And who doesn't love a good peanut butter cookie?! I knew my MIL would love them. I was looking to dress up the cookies a little bit, I wanted to skip the normal matching of chocolate (even though that is pure heaven!). Not having any chocolate also played a big factor in this decision as well. Heh. I went more peanut butter! YUM! I found a recipe for peanut butter frosting here.

I think the "frosting" came out a little too thick to be slathered on top of the cookies. So I decided on making sandwiches cookies, since the frosting seemed more like a filling to me (I wonder if I added more milk if that would have solved the problem? Idea for the next time). And am I glad I did! I definitely am going to use this frosting recipe again, I think it would taste amazing in the middle of a chocolaty cupcake.

Needless to say, these were a HUGE hit and lasted a whooping TWO days! ;-)

 
Mmmm...cookie batter! 
 
 
They are even perfect just the way they are!
  
 
I could have eaten the entire bowl of frosting ;-)
 
 
DELICIOUS! 


Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
(Source: unknown - from an old battered recipe card)
  • 1 cup brown sugar - firmly packed
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 sticks butter
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 1/4 cups flour

  1. Preheat over to 350° and grease cookie sheets.
  2. Cream both sugars, peanut butter and butter together.
  3. Add eggs and vanilla to the mixture.
  4. In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients.
  5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the mixture.
  6. Roll into tablespoon size balls (optional: roll balls in sugar - I skipped this step since I was sandwiching my cookies) and drop on to the cookie sheet.
  7. Bake for 11-13 minutes.
Yields: 48 cookies

Peanut Butter "Frosting"
 
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
  • 3-4 tablespoons milk
* You may not need all the milk for this recipe *
 
  1. Cream peanut butter, butter, vanilla and salt together until well blended. 
  2. Beat in confectioner's sugar.
  3. Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time. 
  4. Blend  until frosting is smooth and light. 
 
 


1 comments:

Bob said...

Uhm, yeah. That'll do. I love peanut butter frosting. Man, I need to make some now.